Wanderaid.com Home EPGP Logs Armory

WW11 GDKP Run

Posting area for visitors to the Wanderaid website.

WW11 GDKP Run

Postby Lascivias on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Hey guys :)

I wanted to post some information about the GDKP run that Kymeir and myself are putting together for Sundays, 3pm Server beginning January 17th. (for more information about GDKP runs read this thread on ElitistJerks)

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t77416-gdkp ... our_server

We are basing our run on the model described therein. You may come to this GDKP run with confidence. It will be run smoothly, fairly and honestly. Our personal and guild reputations are evident. Our goal is to have fun, gear up some alts, make some money and, above all, feed our raiding addictions.

We're making this run long term. We will eventually migrate into other content beyond ToC. We will keep an ongoing list of people to fill the spots we need to make it a continuing success. There are 2 1/2 types of players we are looking for to make this work well for everyone week to week:

A) Core Raiders: You're geared. You are going to make sure our run can kill all the mobs and finish in a timely manner. You may need one item from the raid or you may want the gold split at the end. Heck, you may just want to kill a couple hours on a Sunday afternoon and let the masses drool over your dps/heals/tanking prowess. These folks we must have to finish the run at all.

B) Buyers: You have an alt you want to gear up and have the cash. There are items in the raid you must have and are going to buy them if they drop. You have a LOT of cash, you want one item and you are going to move heaven and earth to get it when it drops so you never have to go to this place again. You are an average player with average money and if something drops you want you are going to try your best to get it. Your main focus is on buying something. We want these folks to keep it profitable for all.

C) Carriers: Totally under-geared players who are going to get carried through the raid. Fresh 80s. Players in greens, the like. We will base the number of these folks on the strength of the overall raid on that day. If it is a very strong raid with lots of money coming in, we may take one or two of these folks. We will not be populating our raid with these players.

We'll be keeping track of players based on the above description and balancing the raid out each week based on who is online at the time the raid goes. If you're coming as a Core Raider, be prepared to have your armory looked at if we don't know you. (i.e. Don't log out in your pirate outfit. Yar!) If you're coming as a Buyer, be prepared to show us your money. Nothing personal, it's just business.

Calendar invites are going out now for the 17th. For the sake of efficiency and organization, when contacting Kymeir, Ashyre, Lascivias or Blodkai (or posting to this thread) please state which role you can fill in the raid based on the above catagories and your specs.

Lets have some fun and make money! We've also posted info to the Whisperwind Forums:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3217&sid=1

Hope to see some of you there!
Lascivias

Re: WW11 GDKP Run

Postby noxiousdog on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:02 pm

This sounds like a great idea. I'm glad someone is taking the inititive!
noxiousdog

Postby puckstopper_37 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:13 pm

While I appreciate the idea, I'd like to remind our raiders of the following:

1) 25 man ToC normal has not *officially* been dropped from our raid schedule yet (though it probably will be soon). Until that happens, we expect raiding mains will not burn their lockout on this event. Alts of raiding mains and non-raiding guild members, have a ball.

2) Our normal 25 man raid begins at 6:45 server. Although probably unlikely, if this event overlaps our regularly scheduled start time, we will *not* hold up our raid for anyone attending this one. No "Almost done, last boss". No "We're done, just doing loot now". No "We're finished but I need to go respec". If you are not ready your raid spot will be filled by someone on standby.

Muggok
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed" - Albert Einstein
puckstopper_37

Postby Lascivias on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:12 pm

The first GDKP Raid was success, running just about 2hrs. Here is a link to the results:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... -qo5DaEItg

Sunday the 24th we'll be at it again. Those that were sat this time have a priority spot for the 24th. We will most likely hit ToGC25 up to 3 wipes with a new pot.

Hope to see you there!
Lascivias

Return to “Visitors' Center”