Wanderaid.com Home EPGP Logs Armory

good times and well wishes

Posting area for visitors to the Wanderaid website.

good times and well wishes

Postby vanghost on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:18 pm

hey everyone! I just wanted to say a few things. After lots of talks with lots of ppl i do believe my tenure as a Wanderer has come to a close. Thats not due to any ill feelings towards anyone, in fact i'll miss a lot of u quite a bit and hope we can continue to group on things :) My intent, or some such thing, had been to possibly keep one character in Wanderers and one in Angst. It was just something i was tossing around but it has become apparent that this is not possible. so its time for me to respectfully embark on a new and hopefully exciting adventure! Ive enjoyed my time in Wanderers a great deal and am very greatful for all of the people who have let me come along with them to various places to kill an incalculable number of bad guys :) and to those who have helped me on the various things ive put together here and there. As a person, player and friend to many i hope this departure will be as amicable (sp?) :P as possible! Take care and i truely hope we cross paths again! (everyones still invited to the halloween party lol). Take care all and good luck in Wotlk!

VG

PS: feel free to message me in game or on here if u want to chat! (i think i can get PMs as a registered visitor?).
vanghost

Re: good times and well wishes

Postby Morg on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Really hate that this happened like it did. Unfortunate way for it to happen to say the last. With that said, I completely understand and respect the fact that ya'll wanted to get back to the small guild for this next expansion. I don't think you had to to get what you were looking for, but don't have any hard feelings for wanting it.

Good luck! Hopefully you all get what you are wanting out of this, and I am sure I will keep doin the same stuff I have been with most of you for the past 3+ years.
Morg

Postby stampede on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:30 pm

I am leaving as well and I wish you all luck. This just wasn't the guild experience that I was looking for. We want an open guild bank which requires a small guild to work well. We were running our own guild bank on alts which turned out to be a really good money maker as we are using our trade skills and working together. We were making about 5k gold every two days and were able to purchase epic mounts for our little groups mains and alts.

I was going to say some nice stuff and suggest some type of guild to guild relationship. I don't really know what was said etc. by anyone else that left but I'm assuming that isn't going to happen since we were immediately banned from the forums. I don't understand why, most of us have had access since the RG2 days its not like we were wanderers then. Since the guilds merging Wanderers did help us get more 5/10 mans in and I think wanderers benefited from the grouping as well.

A few things I would like to address:
There are the people are thinking about leaving wanderers but are afraid of losing their 25 man invites. I would hope that isn't the case as the Wanderers guild leadership has repeatedly stated in the past "that the raid is separate from the guild." If it is the case then I have lost any respect that I had for the wanderers leadership. I think they used that saying for quite awhile whenever they wanted to justify not inviting people.

I am still angry about the bear mounts being sold instead of helping guildies get them. That just shows that the people involved cared more the gold than their guildmates. You had guildmates that could actually hold their own in ZA but instead drug people through for money. Pretty sad guys.

I still consider alot of people in Wanderers my friends and will continue to invite them to things as I hope they will do the same. If anyone has an alt or a toon they would like to move over to "Angst" please feel free to pst any of us ingame. I will be very disappointed if the wanderers leadership decides to ban people from playing with us as was done in the past when we tried to start our own 40 man raid back in the MC days.

Stampede/Moog

I assume this post will be edited or deleted from the site.
stampede

Postby puckstopper_37 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Stamp,

I think you're missing one key component to all of this.

Not one single person talked to me last night, this morning, or throughout the day about leaving. The only communication I saw from people leaving to join <Angst> was Vanghost's post (and that was only in reference to his forum permissions being removed).

Not a tell. Not a post. Not a pm. Nothing.

Had *anyone* talked to me about your plans and your reasoning for doing so, although I might not have agreed with your reasoning, I would have at least known why you were doing so. At that point we could have talked about what that would mean (in regards to alts, forum access, etc). Had that happened, it would have made was transpiring more understandable to everyone. It also might have, potentially, eliminated the need for your post or at least have dulled the tone of it.

But that's not how it went down, unfortunately.

I cannot speak to raid invites, that is Nyella's call. Nobody will be kicked from the guild for grouping with you.

Good luck to you and the rest. Despite what you may think, all I've heard today from folks is an overwhelming sense of regret at seeing you and the rest of your folks leave. You were (and still are) very much liked by a lot of folks here. I hope you find the guild experience you're looking for.

Muggok
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed" - Albert Einstein
puckstopper_37

Postby Nyella on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:22 pm

I'll respond to what I feel are the issues that relate directly to me being the raid leader.

stampede wrote:There are the people are thinking about leaving wanderers but are afraid of losing their 25 man invites. I would hope that isn't the case as the Wanderers guild leadership has repeatedly stated in the past "that the raid is separate from the guild." If it is the case then I have lost any respect that I had for the wanderers leadership. I think they used that saying for quite awhile whenever they wanted to justify not inviting people.

As long as I have led the raid this has always been my stand and will continue to be my stand. You do not have to be in the Wanderers to be a part of the raid. Follow the raid charter and you'll be fine.

stampede wrote:I am still angry about the bear mounts being sold instead of helping guildies get them. That just shows that the people involved cared more the gold than their guildmates. You had guildmates that could actually hold their own in ZA but instead drug people through for money. Pretty sad guys.

There were months of resets going to waste because people weren't running bear runs. People were always happy to go on them, and plenty of people weren't taking the initiative to set them up. If you didn't even ask for help in getting a bear how were people supposed to help you? The paid runs were from people asking me if I could setup a group for them to get them a bear mount. I would have been happy to do the same for any guild member (for free of course), all they had to do is ask, which they didn't.

stampede wrote:I assume this post will be edited or deleted from the site.

Of course not, when have we ever edited or deleted someone else's post except for when requested by them. I have a huge issue with censoring and I wouldn't delete or edit what someone has posted. I wouldn't even fix Muhe's spelling of "theme." I'm sorry and hurt that you think we are people that would do something like this.

I'll let Gwen respond about the Wanderers/Angst relationship.
Nyella
Site Admin

Postby noxiousdog on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:32 pm

I'm sorry to see you guys go. Look me up any time.
noxiousdog

Postby Angst on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:10 pm

RE: Bear run
I honestly still do feel bad about the bear drama I started. The different sides to the argument started a sort of guild split that has been figurative for a few months and is now (unfortunately) literal. I honestly don't think that its the reason for the exodus, just the most well known to the average guildie. To anyone that wants a reason to be angry at me... I will end up being an exclusive hypocrite (playing with friends and not inviting whoever I put on {my currently empty except for McGriddle} blacklist) in the future, and am already pre-annoyed at myself for it.

My take:
For the last few months /guild chat has been a bit less social than it used to be, other than he occasional LFG very little is said in open guild. Totally subjective on my part, for all I know I am just logging on at the wrong times. I feel like I caused this with my drama queening, but it could just be most of the conversations happen in instance groups/raids. Yet I have had several people mention to me the lack of text in /guild lately. Most of the people that are/were causing waves will be leaving, so I hope guild chat will become the de facto conversational channel again.

My friends list isn't changing post split, I am just a sheep that wants to play with his friends he has (honestly) been ignoring for the last couple of months.

Still not raiding/playing because of unemployment, the split had nothing to do with it.
Angst

Postby mackdizzle on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:16 pm

:( good luck folks, see you around.
mackdizzle

AOL: mramazing1985

Postby vanghost on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 pm

Honestly i dont think anyone is the cause, and no one thing is the cause. I hope no one is unfairly blamed for causing problems in the matter. its something a few of us have bounced around for awhile now and yesterday it just seemed like...well...might as well just go ahead and do it now. its just a matter of wanting to kinda do our own thing and instead of fighting/cause drama/whatever u wanna call it. it just seemed logical to do what we do in our own way. in the long run i see daily gaming practices changing very little for anyone on either side (i really dont like the idea of sides anyway). the ppl that both wanderers and angst play with on a daily basis will remain greatly unchanged, im guessing. i dont really see it as a negative. i miss some people already but everyones just a /tell away.
/end being emo :P
vanghost

Postby Appaz on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 pm

What a weird situation, this one even weirder then the last time or two people left since it just sort of happened with no explanation, I hope the only reason isn't guild bank and a differant tabard, would of been easier to just start a private chat channel. :D

Regardless I wish you all who left the best (whoever you are, can I get a list?). :)
Appaz

Postby BlackFulcrum on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:21 am

First of all I want to say I want to wish you all well in your future endeavours in Angst, everyone has to take their own path in this game.

To say I'm slightly shocked is an understatement tho, I just went to the Armory and saw a lot of familiar names now in Angst, so my next question is obviously; WTF happened to cause this??
Without causing more associated drama of course, tho I fear that might be unavoidable, I know guild splits are unavoidable as well, and even a natural thing in MMORPG's (I've seen a good few in my times in EQ/WOW, and various other games), but I'm still curious what happened.

I'm also gonna have to be honest and agree with Angst that Guildchat is pretty much dead most of the time, even though there are over a dozen people online, and that it is a change from several months back when people talked more, now I know that might liven up more after WotLK launch, but still...sometimes when I ask stuff in guild, I get no response at all, not even a "sorry dunno", or "sorry can't", it just dead silent, and honestly, that irks me...greatly.
I sometimes seriously question if people don't answer because they don't know, don't care, or just ignore me for some reason. ("Oh Reath is asking something, whatever")

Sorry if this post brings more drama, but some things mentioned just required me to respond.

To all who went to Angst, I'm always availeble for something fun when I'm on.
Reathena - Kealyan - Solanthos - Aerinthia - Rahuthani - Lazkalya - Naibe - Wumei - Vyrinna - Xeaya
BlackFulcrum

Postby noxiousdog on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:48 am

I don't think it boils down to much more than the reasons why Disgruntled, The Nameless Crusade, and the The Angsty (previous version) existed.

Good people. We enjoy grouping with them, but they are looking for a slightly different guild experience.

/join lfthegroup

Invite them to your raidars.

Carry on like we did last night in t4. 8-10 Angstys, 4-6 TNC, 8-10 Wanderers, 1 Disgruntled. Win.
noxiousdog

Postby puckstopper_37 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:14 am

I don't think it boils down to much more than the reasons why Disgruntled, The Nameless Crusade, and the The Angsty (previous version) existed.

Good people. We enjoy grouping with them, but they are looking for a slightly different guild experience.

/join lfthegroup

Carry on like we did last night in t4. 8-10 Angstys, 4-6 TNC, 8-10 Wanderers, 1 Disgruntled. Win.

This.
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed" - Albert Einstein
puckstopper_37

Postby Appaz on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 am

I'm also gonna have to be honest and agree with Angst that Guildchat is pretty much dead most of the time, even though there are over a dozen people online, and that it is a change from several months back when people talked more, now I know that might liven up more after WotLK launch, but still...sometimes when I ask stuff in guild, I get no response at all, not even a "sorry dunno", or "sorry can't", it just dead silent, and honestly, that irks me...greatly.

I would like to address this as a person that doesn't raid or very active in the PvE scene. I have never really raided, and while there is the "raid is not the guild the guild is not the raid" thing I would say 90% of the guild is made up with raiders. Point being there is a lot of times I'm doing things solo or with 1 or 2 other people while the rest of the guild is doing something else (mainly raiding). Which leaves GC very quiet or low on replies if I ask a questions or make a comment, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is people are not ignoring or not replying on purpose, it's almost a testament to the game that most people are probably activly doing something that is taking their attention away from GC. If I'm lazing around I always make it a point to greet, say good byes, reply to a question (even if I don't know answer), etc. Although if I am in an arena or a BG it is very easy for me to miss whispers let alone GC. If I'm in vent it can even be worse since I rarely look at the chat box unless I see a flash of purple scroll across out from the corner of my eye. So there are as lot of things that can distract from GC such as game content (raids or pvp), vent, private chat channles, being afk, real life situation, etc. Now I'm sure there are times people just don't want to talk to so and so but for the most part if there isn't a reply it is one of these other reasons rather then people intentionaly slighting each other. Maybe I'm a jackass but if I quit everytime someone didn't reply to me in GC I would be quitting every other day. :D
Appaz

Postby vanghost on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:48 am

noxiousdog wrote:I don't think it boils down to much more than the reasons why Disgruntled, The Nameless Crusade, and the The Angsty (previous version) existed.

/join lfthegroup

i think dermox summed it up pretty well :)
vanghost

Postby mackdizzle on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:23 pm

i'm usually mortal striking someone in the face if i'm online, it is hard for me to follow gchat when i'm laying into some nelfs :p

look me up for groupage! i'm mostly just active on the pvp scene right now, but let me know if you want some honor :)
mackdizzle

AOL: mramazing1985

Postby Warheart on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:57 pm

No matter what tag's over your head.
Much <3
Warheart

Postby Terwox on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:58 pm

/join dramabus
Damnit why won't any of you channel this drama into guildhopping into warhammer??
Terwox

Postby vanghost on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Terwox wrote:/join dramabus
Damnit why won't any of you channel this drama into guildhopping into warhammer??

ive seen grad school game projects that looked and felt more solid/refined than warhammer. sorry but its true :-/ i really wanted to like it. such a waste of potential because theres a lot of great potential there and they really did do a lot of things with pvp that i liked (from what i saw anyway). but for better or worse, blizz will rip off the few good things so they'll be no reason not to play wow.
vanghost

Postby Gruagach on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:18 pm

WoW has allready borrowed a lot of things that were "new ideas" in WAR beta. WAR kicks ass, so wash out your filthy mouth hater! Just wish I could get more in to Order, while im piling up Order bodies by the cartloard on my destro alts I feel something is a miss logging over to my order mains.
For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
Gruagach

Postby Thry on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:58 pm

vanghost wrote:ive seen grad school game projects that looked and felt more solid/refined than warhammer. sorry but its true :-/ i really wanted to like it. such a waste of potential because theres a lot of great potential there and they really did do a lot of things with pvp that i liked (from what i saw anyway). but for better or worse, blizz will rip off the few good things so they'll be no reason not to play wow.

WAR is probably the most finished MMO at release that I have played and that is including WoW. Mythic definitely has some end game PvP tweaking to do but the foundation of a great PvP game is there.
Thry

Postby Angst on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:47 pm

It was finished because they were smart enough to remove the classes that were horribly imbalanced. I am not playing it because its a monthly fee to PvP and only PvP, I can get a FPS if I wanted to kill people. I will admit, I have liked what I have heard about it, just not my thing.

I wish the Marketing and Budgeting departments were not allowed to have anything to do with release dates.
Angst

Postby Thry on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:38 am

Angst wrote:It was finished because they were smart enough to remove the classes that were horribly imbalanced. I am not playing it because its a monthly fee to PvP and only PvP, I can get a FPS if I wanted to kill people. I will admit, I have liked what I have heard about it, just not my thing.

I wish the Marketing and Budgeting departments were not allowed to have anything to do with release dates.

WAR a FPS? Fanboy gauntlet slap!

FYI all cut content is being released via patches at no additional cost. Two of the four cut classes are being rolled out next month bringing the class count to 22.
Thry

Postby Morg on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:40 am

The class count is technically 22, but it is more like 11, which is still a pretty damn large amount of classes.
Morg

Postby Thry on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:31 am

Morg wrote:The class count is technically 22, but it is more like 11, which is still a pretty damn large amount of classes.

If the classes were carbon copied I would agree with you but they aren't at all. I mean, really, good luck convincing a sorcerer/ess they're identical to wright wizards. White Lions are a freaking pet class and marauders have mutating appendages. Squid Herders have a few different pets and can get inside one of them while shadow warriors are standard RDPS. I haven't played much destruction but I've read a lot of skill descriptions and there are distinct differences. Not to mention completely different spell animations, character models, equipment, voices, sounds, etc.
Thry

Return to “Visitors' Center”