Wanderaid.com Home EPGP Logs Armory

good times and well wishes

Posting area for visitors to the Wanderaid website.

Re: good times and well wishes

Postby dranth on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 am

Sounds great.

When am I splitting my account so you can heal for us on the paladin?
dranth

Postby Angst on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:57 am

I say the same thing about WoW, a destro warlock is a mage with different graphics on the same spells. For WoW at least, it still boils down to "pick your target, use abilities till its dead/healed, then pick another target". All the classes feel unique (at least before the last patch :) ), but end up doing the same things.

Pretty much all MMOS are like that, give a class a gimmick (that may admittedly be very cool), have it fill a role or roles that are related to the "holy trinity", and then try to balance vs. the existing classes. 22 or 2200 classes won't make a difference if the interface is the same.

"Hellgate: London" had a class that made the game feel like a FPS (Marksman?), the class made it feel like you were playing a different game. A different game that: none of your friends played, had terrible load times/system requirements, and ended up feeling like a lame D3.

Eh, just proofread my post... came off a bit hostile to MMOS, so I will add positives.

I like the Warhammer world, and they have a reason for the dozens of classes since it first was a tabletop war RPG. I just wish they had some PvE content, but the idea of having your entire guild defending a castle is appealing to me.

In WoW the classes may end up doing the same thing, but each class requires a completely different skill set to play at the top end, so I am correct only about the average player.
Angst

Postby Gruagach on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:20 pm

yeah I've played every class in the game now and -generally- dont feel like im playing a different version of the same thing. The sorc and BW did feel similar with the backlash mechanics being central but not much outside that. Defin the match ups vary, marauder vs. white lion etc. What they've done to some extent is shift the roles of the copies around. Put the pet class in mleee for one, in rdps for the other, but even then there is basically nothing in commin between a squiggie (maybe the most "fun" class I've seen) and the white lion. They did a really good job, some pathing bugs aside on release its very much polished, plus they update like 10 times a day, which is downloaded in seconds as you log in since its just a fix to a bug/whatever here and there. They also have a counter on thier site for gold farmers banned, which cracks me up.
For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!
Gruagach

Postby Morg on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:04 pm

What is fun that they do with the gold spammers is hang them from the gallows in the capital cities.

On a side note, the game was defintely very polished, but to me it just was not fun.
Morg

Postby Thry on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:11 pm

dranth wrote:Sounds great.

When am I splitting my account so you can heal for us on the paladin?

Between WAR being a better PvP game and DF beta possibly beginning on the 10th...it doesn't look good for the home team.
Thry

Postby vanghost on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:27 pm

Thry wrote:
vanghost wrote:ive seen grad school game projects that looked and felt more solid/refined than warhammer. sorry but its true :-/ i really wanted to like it. such a waste of potential because theres a lot of great potential there and they really did do a lot of things with pvp that i liked (from what i saw anyway). but for better or worse, blizz will rip off the few good things so they'll be no reason not to play wow.

WAR is probably the most finished MMO at release that I have played and that is including WoW. Mythic definitely has some end game PvP tweaking to do but the foundation of a great PvP game is there.

i'm not seeing it. but it doesnt really matter, i wouldnt play no matter how great it was. one MMO in my life is quite enough :)
vanghost

Postby tetrapsilo on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:43 am

war was alright, i might go back to it in a little while, but I think wotlk will squash any desire to play another game.
tetrapsilo

Return to “Visitors' Center”